A kitchen Island pendant is a statement piece that will help your kitchen stand out and have a personal feel. With a variety of options out there it’s important to know which pendant will best fit your kitchen. These are a few things to consider before purchasing modern pendant lighting.
- Style and décor- ensure that the pendant matches your kitchen style. The pendant can either make or break your kitchen style due to the fact that it stands out.
- Functions- the functions of the pendant also determine the one you buy. Consider if you need the light essentially for cooking or just to add ambience to the kitchen.
- Type of illumination- the type of light you need is also important. For instance if you have no window directly pointing to the kitchen that could make the kitchen darker than usual meaning you will need more lighting to fill the whole room.
- Durability- how long you will need the light is also a factor to consider. If you will be doing some renovation soon for example it would be advisable not to buy pendant lighting that you’re not sure you will need once the renovation is done.
- Family status- your family status is also important to note as the kitchen is one of the most frequently visited rooms in the house. If you have young kids or toddlers for example it would be advisable not to have low hanging pendant lighting to avoid damage or injuries.
- Price- this is also another factor to consider according to the budget you have. Note that you don’t have to go overboard to make a good statement piece.
- DIY- always look up good ‘do it yourself options’ that could help make work easier.